The Bucks Cricket Board is the governing body of cricket in Buckinghamshire & the Milton Keynes Unitary Authority area. It is constituted as a Company limited by guarantee (Bucks Cricket Board Ltd).
The Board brings together a large number of agencies involved in cricket in Bucks under one shared vision for the future development of our game. Our members include our affiliated clubs, Bucks County Cricket Club (BCCC), Bucks Schools Cricket Association (BSCA), Bucks Association of Cricket Umpires & Scorers (BACUS) and BCB Coaches Association (BCBCA). Our external partners include the Bucks & Milton Keynes Sports Partnership, the representative body for local authorities and other sports development agencies.
The Board’s principal objectives are:
- To introduce a strategically planned programme of cluster partnerships between clubs and Primary schools to develop cricket, ensuring that every boy and girl has a quality introduction to the game, with established links to local clubs.
- To introduce cluster partnerships between focus clubs and Secondary schools to include coaching visits, coach training, teacher training and competitions.
- To develop a network of high quality cricket clubs to ensure that every person has the opportunity to play and progress as far as they wish.
- To develop District Cricket through innovative development-based coaching, competition and support with further assessment of players.
- To improve talent assessment and selection at County level and ensure every eligible player has a fair opportunity to progress, to improve the quality of the programme offered and to increase the focus on individual player development.
- To increase the quality and quantity of coaches, officials and volunteers in Bucks through a comprehensive development programme.
- To proactively address under-representation in the sport by women & girls, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities.
- To develop high quality practice and match play facilities.
- To ensure that appropriate resources and structures are in place to achieve the effective implementation of these objectives.